Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Sponsored Review: The Five Wits Wigs - Lily Vanilla Diamond Sparkle (Part 2)

Hey everyone! I'm back with Part 2 of my review of the Lily Vanilla Diamond Sparkle wig from The Five Wits Wigs (you can read Part 1 here). To quickly recap, I was sponsored this wig from  The Five Wits for my Eli Ayase cosplay that I will be starting on soon. This part will discuss fit, quality, looks, etc. Please note that all photos do not have any filters which could change the color of the wig, and the wig has not been styled beyond a comb through for neatness (this is the wig straight out of the bag). So, let's begin!



As I said in Part 1, this is advertised as a very long wig, and that it is. On me, and I'm 5'0", it goes down to about my waistline. It's not extremely thick, but not thin either - I'd put it somewhere in the middle. 



This is the longest wig I've ever had, and like I said I did no styling to this other than a comb through with my fingers. The strands to get a little clingy/fly away when pulled away from the wig (which you can see on my shoulders a bit) but this is something to be expected with any super long wig. The texture of the wig is not very silky - it's more like real hair - so this does help with it not becoming a tangled mess really easily despite the fly away strands. You can also control this with hair spray or other products. I won't be doing much of any styling on this since it's already basically in the style I need, but it seems like it would lend itself to easy styling. 


Here's a look at the top of the wig (I brushed the bangs to the side with my fingers). It's not a skin-top wig, and like I said it's not extremely thick, so depending on styling or way the hair falls you may see the mesh of the wig cap and wefts at the top. Not a big issue, but something you may want to keep in mind especially if you're planning on doing a lot of styling. 

Overall, I really like this wig for the quality and the style!

Detailed Quality: 10/10

For reference, my head measurement is 22.5'' and I have lots of thick curly hair. As many wigs are, this one is a little tight on me, and I did not fasten the straps on the cap. Not blatantly uncomfortable, but I think this will be a wig that I will not be able to wear a wig cap with and will instead braid my hair and pin up because I don't think I could wear this for an entire day at a con without a headache. However, this is something I have to do with most wigs because of my hair plus the combination of wig cap and wig can give me a bad headache so I'm not really surprised. Here's what The Five Wits says on their site regarding sizing: 

"They are one size fits most. There are adjustable straps at the back of all the wigs to make them fit on bigger or smaller heads, and the cap is pretty stretchy. We test them on a model with a 23″ head circumference and waist-length (but thin) hair. If your head is quite large or you have a lot of thick hair we suggest completely unfastening the adjustable straps for the largest possible size"

Despite being very long, it isn't heavy, and doesn't drag your head back from the weight. Here's what the inside looks like (you can see the straps on the sides):


The wig is well-constructed, with wefts sewn very neatly in. The quality shows!

As far as fit, the only reason I don't give this wig a full 10/10 is because it is a little tight when I tried it on with my hair in a wig cap, and I know this would lead to a headache after a few hours. However, if you have thinner hair or thick hair and pin it up, it should be just fine. 

Fit: 9/10

Lastly, the wig came with a tag with instructions on how to care for and style it, which is great! I suggest keeping it somewhere handy - you never know when you may need it. 

 

All-in-all, I think this wig is of really nice quality! It retails for $40.00, and I definitely think it is worth the price! Especially with long wigs, you really don't want to get a cheap wig because it WILL tangle horrifically. This wig gives you great quality for less than more expensive long wigs which can retail into the hundreds. 

Money's Worth: 10/10

Rating Wrap-Up

To wrap up this review, here's my ratings of this wig and The Five Wits from both Part 1 and Part 2 in one place. I also want to mention that while I was sponsored this wig for free by The Five Wits, these are my honest reviews and evaluations (i.e. they didn't give me a free wig in exchange that I only say nice things). 

Customer Service: 10/10
Shipping and Packaging: 10/10
True to Advertised Color: 10/10
True to Advertised Style: 10/10
Initial Quality/First Glance: 10/10
Detailed Quality: 10/10 
Fit: 9/10
Money's Worth: 10/10

So that ends Part 2, and the quality-portion of this wig review. I will be posting Part 3 in a few months (likely April) when I shoot my Eli Ayase cosplay and I will talk about impressions of wearing this wig for a long period of time, styling experiences, and fit to character. Overall, I highly recommend The Five Wits - they have both quality products and great customer service! I actually ordered another wig from them during their Black Friday Weekend Free Shipping special for my Frank n Furter cosplay! 



(My shirt is from Nineteen Sixty Three Clothing

Thanks!

- Birdie 💚

No comments:

Post a Comment